Ashbrooke Belford House came from behind to beat Jarrow FC in the Durham Trophy final at Eppleton CW on Friday morning.

With Jarrow clear favourites, it was all following the script when Andrew Wilkinson slotted home in the 32nd minute and the South Tynesiders went into the break with the lead.

However, Harry Graham pulled Belford House level three minutes before the hour mark. The goal spurred Ashbrooke on and they cruised to victory with Kieran Stokoe, David Scott and Stephen Bogie all getting on the scoresheet.

In a competitive start, half chances came at both ends as both sides looked for an early advantage.

There were no early nerves as both sides piled players forward in search of an opener and that almost came in the 19th minute when Jarrow’s Jonathan Hirst burst down the wing and whipped a dangerous cross-cum-shot into the penalty area, but it evaded the far corner.

Jarrow were edging possession but good build up play from Belford House saw Stephen Bogie collect the ball in the penalty area, but he could only drag wide.

A breakthrough was to come in the 32nd minute and it went the way of Jarrow. After working the ball down the wing, a low cross found Wilkinson and he kept his cool to slot home to put Jarrow in front.

The goal gave Jarrow confidence and they were playing some free-flowing football as they looked to punish Belford House further.

Eleven minutes from time, quick one touch football worked the ball to Hirst whose first time effort was saved.

As Belford House looked for a response, Kyle Summer worked the ball to Bogie but the former Easington Colliery forward couldn’t beat Mark English.

Corey Steel volleyed Belford House’s final chance of the first half wide and Jarrow went into the break with a slender lead.

Jarrow looked to double their lead early in the second half and went close when Josh Allan fired not too far wide.

Three minutes before the hour mark, Ashbrooke Belford House pulled level. Graham collected the ball on the edge of the penalty area and looked up before firing a fine effort in off the post from an acute angle to give the keeper no chance.

It was game on now and Belford House had their heads up.

Graham could have collected his second only two minutes after pulling Belford House level but a superb save from English prevented Graham.

There was nothing English could do about the next chance though as Belford House took the lead. Stokoe drove a low free-kick into the penalty area and it evaded everyone to nestle into the bottom corner.

Now in full control, Belford House were playing some brilliant football and it was almost 3-1 19 minutes from time but a goal-line clearance prevented a glancing header.

Bogie could have wrapped it up as the game approached the final 10 minutes but he could only drag wide after a sharp turn.

Belford House wouldn’t be left to rue missed chances though as they doubled their lead seven minutes from time with a goal that sealed the win. A low cross found substitute Scott and he kept his cool to fire home.

The cherry was placed on top of the cake four minutes from time when an exceptional strike from Bogie rounded off a fine morning for the Sunderland outfit. Collecting the ball on the corner of the penalty area, Bogie had little support. He decided to quickly turn and fire an effort which bulleted right into the angle between the post and crossbar.

It was a fine second half performance from Belford House who now have silverware after a troublesome season.

Full-time: Jarrow FC 1-4 Ashbrooke Belford House

Jarrow FC: English, Bone, Burrell, Little, Mellish, Allen (Hutchinson, 8′), Hirst, Graham, Allan (Kirkham, 73′), Kane, Wilkinson (Pressling, 63′)

Unused subs: Smith, Kah

Ashbrooke Belford House: Brown, Curry (Green, 84′), Stokoe, Burton, Coomber (Scott, 78′), Burrell, Farquhar, Summer, Bogie, Steel (Fisk, 49’), Graham

Unused subs: Cambell, Bradley