Jack Pounder scored a brace as Easington Colliery came from behind to beat Brandon United on Saturday afternoon.

Hartlepool United loanee Dylan Elliott fired Easington into a 21st minute lead only for Kieran Duffy-Weekes to pull Brandon level four minutes before half-time.

Daniel Quine slotted Brandon into a 56th minute lead but Pounder pulled the Colliers level just after the hour mark and a bullet header from the former Sunderland RCA man sealed the win 18 minutes from time.

Tom Goodey, Craig Parkinson and Craig Veart took charge of the Easington team and made three changes from last week’s defeat at Willington with Luke Page, Dylan Nesbitt and Liam Adamson giving way for Reece Kenney, Lewis Turnbull and Brennan Ball.

Easington started well despite kicking against the wind and could have taken the lead inside the opening two minutes when a Goodey corner found a way through to Turnbull but his effort was weak and saved by Tom Orton.

Anthony Phillipson fired Brandon’s first half chance over before Pounder almost fired the Colliers into a 13th minute lead.

Ball’s free-kick was superbly flicked on by Peter Jones to play Pounder in but his powerful effort was slightly too high.

Aaron Croft headed wide as Easington mounted pressure and a deserved breakthrough came in the 21st minute. A free-kick was lifted into the penalty area to find Pounder. Pounder teed up Elliott who fired high into the net from 12 yards to put the Green Army in command.

Elliott was looking lively for the Colliers and the 19-year-old created chances for both Kenney and Paul before having a try himself but Orton saved.

Quine tested Donaldson just before the half hour mark in a rare chance for the visitors.

Easington were knocking the ball around with confidence and looking a totally different side from last week’s game at Willington.

Kenney forced a fine save from Orton to prevent his 25-yard free-kick from tucking into the bottom corner in the 32nd minute while Paul whipped a ball across the face of goal but no one was there to turn it home.

From nothing, Brandon pulled level as the first half came to a close. A route one ball over found Duffy-Weekes and his cool finish lobbed Donaldson before dropping into the net.

The Green Army went into the break level but knew the wind would be on their side in the second half.

Duffy-Weekes looked to collect his second in the 48th minute from long-range but Donaldson was able to save while Goodey fired wide from similar range at the other end.

The game was 55 minutes old when Brandon United took the lead. Phillipson outmuscled Turnbull in the Easington penalty area before playing the ball square to Quine who slotted home despite questions of offside.

Easington had a chance to pull level only two minutes later when Jones’ cross dropped for Pounder but a good save from Orton prevented him when one-on-one.

Jones would be the provider to Easington’s equaliser in the 61st minute. Substitute Bryan Norton, who had replaced the injured Paul, chased a long ball before picking up possession and finding Jones. Jones slotted the ball through to Pounder and he poked home to pull Easington level.

Elliott curled a free-kick over before the Colliers took the lead for a second time in the 72nd minute. Goodey whipped a pinpoint free-kick into the penalty area from the halfway line and Pounder rose to send a bullet header into the net with Orton rooted to his spot.

Brandon could and should have pulled level 13 minutes from time when Daniel Pearson volleyed over from a matter of four yards after a corner wasn’t cleared.

Brandon offered little in the final 10 minutes with Easington looking to add to their tally. It looked as though Easington had added a fourth in the third minute of additional time. Norton’s fine long-range effort crashed back off the crossbar with Orton beaten and Pounder slotted home the rebound only to be ruled offside.

And, things went from bad to worse for the visitors as James Moore was shown a straight red card. The substitute, who had only been on the pitch for 25 minutes, squared up and pushed Goodey and was punished with a dismissal.

It looked as though Easington had added a fourth in the third minute of additional time. Norton’s fine long-range effort crashed back off the crossbar with Orton beaten and Pounder slotted home the rebound only to be ruled offside.

It wouldn’t matter though as Easington secured the three points which ensures a top eight finish.

Full-time: Easington Colliery 3-2 Brandon United

Easington Colliery: Donaldson, Ball, Goodey, Pearson (c), Turnbull (Freeman, 61′), Elliott, Croft, Kenney (Powell, 83′), Paul (Norton, 50′), Pounder, Jones

Unused subs: Adamson, Anderson

Brandon United: Orton, Thompson, Turnbull, Pearson, Wren (c), Marshall (Jones, 77′), Phillipson, Duffy-Weekes, Burton, Quine, Clarke (Moore, 62′)

Unused subs: O’Brien, Rush