FootballNorthern LeagueUncategorised

Poole Praises Passion

Bishop defender, Jamie Poole, praises fans for their support and passion in ‘these hard times’.

Poole re-joined Bishop back in September from Thornaby.

Bishop are fighting to stay in Division One of the Northern League as uncertainty of relegation continues.

Poole said: “Yes, it’s going to be tough as everyone can see how close it is down the bottom. “This means for us every game is a cup final!”

Poole scored a vital goal for Bishop in their last game against Billingham to scrape a point.

He said: “The game was really frustrating and didn’t look like we were going to score. I sit back on corners to keep things right but felt that it needed something off a set piece as the last 20 we were getting a lot of set plays.

“When I seen the delivery coming to the back post off Brad, I actually thought I was going to get something on it, I was buzzing when I seen it as straight away, I seen it over the line, for one moment I thought the linesman never seen it, and when he waved his flag wow the feeling as I knew it was a massive goal for the club!”

This was also Jamie’s first goal for the club.

Bishops recent last few opponents, Northallerton and Billingham, have also had a lot riding on their games.

Poole said: “We knew it wasn’t going to be easy playing the teams around as they are massive for both teams!

“I think the lads need to now realise with them two games, it showed things are not just going to drop in for us. We need to earn it with hard work and winning our battles as the quality we have brought in that will show but it won’t if you’re not prepared to do the hard bits first!”

‘Moral is good still’ in the squad according to the skipper and they believe Bishop can win the fight and stay out of the bottom three and be safe.

Jamie calls for the fans continued support in this battle: “The support is always amazing home and away and fans just need to keep getting behind us in these hard times, yes it’s frustrating and times you must be thinking what is this!!

“But please don’t give up as the fans are what the lads need.”

Poole said: “Like Saturday we are 1-0 down and you can still hear them behind the goal, the reason when I scored, I wanted to go and celebrate with them as I love the passion.

“I believe this club will go places just look at it the effort behind the scenes the management the committee its endless.

“Bad results bring negatives out but believe me I’m the worst for getting beat and it’s hurting me the position we are in but if we all stick together it will come good.”

Jamie Poole celebrating his first goal for Bishop Auckland (Image by Joseph Gorman, facebook: @joegormanphotography)