FootballSAFC

SAFC’S Elliot Embleton signs new four-year deal at the club

Sunderland AFC’s Elliot Embleton has signed a new four year contract at the club. 

Academy graduate Elliot Embleton has signed a new long term contract that will see the midfielder stay at the club until 2025.

Embleton has impressed for the Black Cats so far this season and has quickly established himself as one of the first names on the team sheet with five goal contributions in League One.

After completing the deal, Embleton told SAFC.com: ”I’m buzzing to sign a new deal with the club. It’s a very proud moment for me and my family, and hopefully I can keep showing the supporters what I can do on the pitch. I’ve been here a long time, so signing this contract is special and now, I’m really looking forward to pushing on.”

The England youth international spent last season out on loan at Blackpool and helped the Seasiders gain promotion to the Championship with Embleton playing a crucial role in their play off journey, scoring from outside the box in their semi final against Oxford. 

Lee Johnson added: “We are delighted that Elliot had committed his future to the club. He is a player with top technique with both feet, which is quite unusual, and he’s on the way to becoming the player we know he can be.”

Providing he can stay fit, Embleton will prove to be just as crucial for Sunderland this season as he was for Blackpool last with Johnson’s side finally looking like they are on course to achieve promotion from England’s third division after four seasons in the division.