FootballNorthern League

Match Report – Carlisle City 1- 1West Auckland Town

With what was seemed to be a goalless game, it all ended in a draw at the Three Rivers Health and Safety Consultancy Stadium. 

After an offside debacle with Carlisle City, West Auckland were the first to take the lead in the 85th minute after a quick free kick saw an opening to the back of the net for James Ellis. 

Minutes later, Carlisle City managed to pull a goal around, after previously having three disallowed, Jordan Palmer manages to find the back of the net whilst Carlisle fans are outraged by the disallowed goals. 

Doubts about the game going ahead due to a frozen pitch soon disappeared once West arrived at City. Hoping for another win to lift their position above Whickham in the table, West were looking for a strong game with the usual team. City on the other hand weren’t looking as hopeful after only winning three of their home games this season. 

The first half of the game ended in outrage for Carlisle fans after their first goal by Palmer was disallowed in the 24th minute of the game after a clear shot on target from Mahone. 

Minutes later, City score yet another goal which broke out into a disagreement between the two teams after the ref allowed the goal. A conference between the ref and the linesman resulted in the goal being disallowed. City’s Mahone and their coach are both shown the yellow card. 

In the second half of the game, City were given their third offside goal. West took advantage of the home’s celebrations and James Ellis managed to find the back of the net in the 85th minute. 

Outrage from the home fans came once again and saw Dan Kirkup being the second city player to be shown the yellow card and after failing to stop abusing the ref, Kirkup was shown the red card in the 88th minute and was sent off the pitch. Minutes later, City managed to pull a goal around as Jordan Palmer managed to find the back of the net amongst the dispute over Kirkup’s red card and the outrage of the disallowed goals.